Built on the design of the Windrider and Southwest packs, the NorthRim increases durability with a 375-Denier fully-woven Dyneema® Composite Fabric (DCHW) built into high abrasion areas – the bottom/rand, three external pockets, and hip-belt pockets – and utilizes 3/4” nylon webbing for the body compression straps, ax loop, and grab loop. The NorthRim brings long-lasting toughness to any off-trail adventure.
The Northrim comes in the 3400 (55L) and the 4400 volume size (70L). They are ideal for routes where resupply points are far apart if they exist at all. For climbing equipment, bulkier clothing, days or weeks of water and food, or a packraft, the 4400 has the volume to get you out and safely back.
Note that due to the dimensions of this pack, we cannot offer free shipping.
Weight may vary slightly by torso size.
- Three external fully-woven Dyneema® pockets
- Fully-woven Dyneema® pockets on a hip belt with #5 YKK water-resistant zipper
- Hardline with Dyneema® dual-density hip belt with 1/8” closed cell rigid foam, 1/4” closed cell foam, and spacer mesh
- Hardline with Dyneema® shoulder straps with 3/8” closed cell foam and spacer mesh
- Fully-woven Dyneema® lumbar panel for added strength to the hip belt attachment points
- Adjustable sternum strap with self-tensioning elastic and whistle
- Hydro port removed for extra defense against water if the pack is accidentally submerged
- Removable, contoured aluminum stays
- 1/4” foam back panel pad
- Internal plastic frame sheet for added back panel support
- Compression System:
- Roll-Top closure system with side compression straps for vertical compression
- Side compression straps for horizontal compression
- Top Y-strap reduction -- Designed to secure gear
- Body compression straps, ice ax loop, and grab loop made from dependable 3/4” nylon webbing for added strength and durability
- Proprietary seam sealing on all side seams and behind all sewn-on pack features
- Bar-tacked reinforcements on all stress points.
- Triglide buckles for optional pack accessory straps
- Made in Biddeford, Maine, USA